In RefWorks you can create a bibliography from a list of references without creating a document. This reference list may contain your entire database, the references in your My List area or a folder or you can select a specific references from which to create the bibliography.
You may also create your bibliography or reference list as a Word document by using the Write-n-Cite tool.
1. Choose the folder you would like to create your bibliography from. If you want to only select a few items from the folder for your bibliography, you must choose those items before the next step.
2. Create a simple Bibliography within RefWorks by clicking on the :
3. From the drop down menu, select Create Bibliography.
4. In the example below, all references in the 557 Research folder have been chosen, and the APA 6th edition Citation Style has been selected in the drop down menu. If only a few items had been selected, the Selected references in "557 Research Info" would be highlighted.
4. Next, Select Copy to Clipboard.
5. The bibliography will be highlighted and it can be pasted into Word or Google Docs.
From a folder or search results, copy formatted citations and bibliography into your paper. It opens in a pop-up window for convenience.
1. Choose the citation style from the drop down menu.
2. Select the citation or citations you want to copy to your bibliography or document.
3. Copy the item and add it to your bibliography or document.