1. Log into Zotero. Click on the group you want your citations to be added to.
2. After performing your search, click the Zotero Folder icon in your browser window. This is usually located on the right side of the address bar.
3. A Zotero pop up box should appear. Next to each article you want, click the checkbox next to it & click OK.
4. If you click on a search result, you can also click the Export button located in most databases, and choose the RIS format option. After clicking Save, this should automatically ask you if you would like it uploaded to Zotero.
5. All citations will populate the Zotero group that is currently selected in the Zotero window, but citations can be moved or copied to other groups afterwards. NOTE: When available, Zotero can also download the full text of an article in addition to the citation.
If the Zotero Folder icon is unavailable, or if Zotero doesn't recognize the citation, you can always click the Export button that can be found in most databases, and choose the Export to RIS Format option.
The RIS file will now be found in the Downloads folder on your computer. From Zotero, click on File, then select Import. A new window should pop up, where you will look for the Downloads folder and select the correct file. It should immediately be added to the group of your choice.