Document Delivery Service is available for faculty and staff. You can request items from our circulating collections and our Interlibrary Loan service through our new ILLiad system to be delivered directly to your office on campus. Faculty teaching Distance Learning courses or at Extended Campus sites can have items delivered directly to your home.
Through the ILLiad system you can access your ILLiad account to request items from our library as well as from other libraries, track your requests, receive electronic delivery of documents such as journal articles, immediate notification when your items are available for you to pick up and more. Use of the Document Delivery service is restricted to current Fitchburg State faculty and staff.
Logon to ILLiad
- Click on the logon link above or on the Library web site to connect to the ILLiad system.
- If you already have an account, enter your Username and Password. Otherwise, click on the "First Time User? Create Your Account" link and fill out the New User Registration form.
Your ILLiad account's Main Menu page will display. From here you can use the left-hand menu to go to:
- We recommend that you use your Falcon Key as your username and password and your Fitchburg State email.
- Under "Preferred Loan Delivery Method (physical items)" select the "Mail to Address" to have items delivered to you instead of picking it up at the Circulation Desk. Note: Direct delivery will be to your On-Campus Office; for faculty teaching in Distance Learning or at Extended Campus sites delivery will be to your home.
- Under the section for "Location of your current courses (Staff choose Main Campus)" choose the Main/McKay Campus unless you are enrolled in a Distance Learning course or at an Extended Campus location.
- New Request - Select the Article, Book or A/V, or Book Chapter request form; fill it out to request an item. When you hit the Submit Request button the system will automatically fill in all of your information which you entered through the New User Registration form.
- View - Track your outstanding requests, access electronically received articles, et cetera.
- Tools - Here you can update your account information at any time and change your password.
ILLiad Request forms will pull citation information directly from the Library's databases and automatically populate the form for you!
When you are in one of the Library's databases with items in your results list which aren't full text, simply click on the "Get Article" link, "Find a Copy" link, et cetera that you see. This will take you into our Journal Locator service which will quickly tell you whether that item is available through one of the other databases or in our library. If it states we don't have the item, scroll down and click on the "Request Books and Articles from Another Library" link. This connects you directly to the ILLiad logon page. Logon to ILLiad and the system automatically opens the request form and pulls all of the item's citation information into the form for you. All you need to do is make sure everything filled in, you can add in a note if you want, then click on the Submit Request button to send your request to the Interlibrary Loan staff who will borrow that item from another library for you.